Thursday, November 13, 2008

Talk me into it...

Brandon is trying to talk me into doing an IUI cycle this month!!! Eek...

We orginally wanted to wait until January mainly because we didn't want to have to deal with the holidays and organizing my cycle around it. Well, with my long cycle this month, it puts me ovulating after Thanksgiving.

Pros:
- This actually times out perfectly. Brandon wouldn't have to take a day off work because most likely I would ovulate that weekend after Thanksgiving (if I continue to go along the same rate I have been).
-Allows us to go ahead and get started.

Cons:
-Can I get myself in the right frame of mind in the next 14 days?! Seems so sudden. But then again, we have been trying for 9 cycles, so what are we waiting for?!
-If this cycle is successful, I would be due in late August. I have always envisioned a winter baby this time around, but as Brandon put it, "beggers can't be choosers." LOL! And air-conditioning is a wonderful invention!

Ugh. Can't decide.

3 comments:

Natosha said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you decide.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!!! That would sure be a change! I can't wait hear what you decide to do. :) It does sound like awfully great timing.

I've also adapted the "beggars can't be choosers" philosophy. I have certain times of the year that I would LIKE to have a baby - but at this point, I'll take whatever I can get!

Unknown said...

oh man. what a hard decision. I agree with brandon though and say go for it :D

GOOD LUCK