Monday, September 22, 2008

Tag!

So, mama-to-be Kathleen tagged me in her post about 10 things that make her happy! :) Such a fun post idea!

So, once I have been tagged, I have to post 10 things that make ME happy! Fun, fun! Stay tuned, at the bottom of the post, I will tag 3 (ok I tagged 4) people!

10 Things that Make me Happy

1. Nathan
I seriously love this kid. He is so amazing. There aren't enough words that I could type here to describe what he means to me. So I will just stop here. He makes me so happy.

2. Brandon
I am so lucky! I have an amazing husband. He is a great father. He is a wonderful partner. He works hard so that I can stay at home with Nathan. He is sweet and kind to others. He is really self-less and giving. He treats me really well. He never yells or gets angry. He is a great man. Plus, he is great in the sack. (Just threw that in there to make sure that you were still paying attention.) Hahahahaha

3. My mom
She is such a great mom. I always get in a happy mood when I see her or talk to her. She has been through a lot in the past year with my Grandma passing away. But she has pushed through. She graduated from nursing school and is now a RN! I am so proud of her. She was a teenage mama. I was born just after her 18th birthday. She has put her life on hold to attend to mine and my brothers needs. It is her turn! Love you Mama!!

4. Reading
I seriously love to read. It takes me away and allows me time to myself. There is nothing better than curling up with a good book. I love Harry Potter. I love cheesy romance novels. I love parenting books. I love homebirthing books. Pretty much anything!

5. Scrapbooking
Dear Heaven, when did I get to be 65 years old?! LOL! I do love scrapbooking though. It is fun and I love seeing the finished project.

6. Indiana University and my IU girls
I heart IU. I had a wonderful bar (err...college) experience and I would go back in a heartbeat. I loved every second of it. But what made it great was my amazing buddies that I met Freshman year at Tete-Bo-2 (Teter Boisen Floor 2). Smalls, Carrie, Emily, Nicole, Emma, and Brittney (who I met later) are the best friends that I could ever ask for! Plus, they are great drinking buddies (Again to make sure that you are paying attention).

7. Fall
I love this time of year. I love the leaves. I love Halloween. I love football and sweatshirts. I am always in a good mood. Today is the first day of Fall!! Blessings to you all on the Equinox!

8. Barack Obama
I think that he is a great man. I think that he has a great plan for our country. I don't talk about Politics here. Mostly because I don't want to offend conservatives that read my blog. And mostly because my mama taught me to keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything nice to say. So I will just leave it at Obama makes me happy! I was a Clinton supporter so obviously I miss her. But I am behind Obama now 100%.

9. My online friends
I am so lucky to have met my online mama's group. I started a group almost three years ago called the "New Newbies". And we have grown and changed so much. They have been there through our infertility and our loss of Noel. They supported me through my IVF cycle and my pregnancy. And they have taught me a lot. They are mostly AP mamas so it helps to have that support in my life. I also love the Cloth Diapering mamas group. They make me really happy! Because they always have interesting things to say. We agree on basic parenting issues and it helps to have someone to talk to about it.

10. Attachment Parenting
I really feel that following this philosophy of parenting has made me a better mother. Breastfeeding, babywearing, and co-sleeping honestly bring joy to my life.

So there you have it! The 10 things that make me happy! Not nearly as funny as Kathleen's post. :)

I am tagging:
April
Natosha
Syd
Erin

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yay, I love it. Great job :)

How is the sleeping going?