Friday, September 12, 2008

Letter to my 16 month old boy...

Dear Nathan,

September has arrived! The days are slowly getting cooler and the nights are too. Today you are 16 months old!

You are growing and changing each day. It seems like you learn something new all the time. You love to climb on things now! You can climb on the couch, the fireplace, the bathtub, and the swingset. You love climbing on the ladder and the slide out in the backyard. You look so proud of yourself. Mama and Daddy are proud of you too! You have learned to point at what you want. It is adorable. You are showing us what would make you happy now. You love to grab our hands and lead us around the house. You most often lead us to the back door! You want to go outside and play. It is really cute. We are trying to encourage you to use words but you just aren't ready for that yet. You have become a picky eater. You have this thing about eating more than one food at a meal. Whatever you start off eating is what you want. You throw everything else on the floor. It can get pretty messy around here! Speaking of messy, you have become so helpful around the house! You love to clean. You think that the Swiffer is the greatest thing ever. You love to dust too! Mama gives you a dusting towel and you go to town! You may be wondering (when you see pictures of yourself later) why your hair is so long. Everyone keeps telling Mama to cut your hair. But I just can't bring myself to do it. Your hair is so soft and it has the cutest curls at the ends. I don't want to take it away from you. So we are leaving it long for now. I see other toddlers with short haircuts and I think it makes them look so much older. You are still Mama's baby and we are going to keep it that way for awhile.

As another season begins, I realize that the time just flies by. I can't believe that summer is almost over. We have had a great time, you and me. I can't imagine spending my days any other way. You are my best buddy and I love you so much. My heart just can't contain itself.

Always,

Mama

No comments: