Monday, January 28, 2008

Mama's going back to work!

Well, the time has come for me to return to work! I am a little sad but so excited about getting out of the house and working on my career again. I did go to college for 5 years to earn this degree, so I probably should use it! Anyway, I have an interview on Thursday for the perfect job! It is a part-time night shift position (11pm to 7am) in a Labor and Delivery unit in a nearby hospital. The hours are perfect. It would allow me to be home with Nathan during the day and be able to nurse him to sleep at night. Brandon would have to take over nighttime duty so hopefully Nathan will accept mama's milk in a cup or a bottle. I am sure that Daddy and Nathan will be just fine though.

I am hesitant about returning to Labor and Delivery because my experiences as a mommy have changed me. But I figure, it will probably help these mommies to have a nurse who is so supportive of breastfeeding. I can use my knowledge and passion to help get their nursing relationships off to a great start. :) I will let you all know how it goes on Thursday! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

April said...

O good luck sweetie!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Good luck!! After I had kids I thought being a nurse in L&D would be so rewarding. And the shift you'd be getting is perfect! I hope you get the job! Good luck!