Saturday, January 12, 2008

Letter to my eight-month old boy...

Dear Nathan,

January and a New Year has arrived and today you are eight months old. So many wonderful things happened in 2007, but are looking forward to the New Year too.

At eight months old you weigh around 22 pounds and are 30 inches tall. You are getting so big! You are off the charts for both weight and height! Mama is so proud. This past month has been so exciting and busy! You had your first Christmas and first New Year! Christmas was so exciting. It was wonderful to see our families and you really enjoyed unwrapping presents. New Year's wasn't as thrilling; we were all in bed by 9. :) Developmentally, you are growing and changing every day! You are finally able to sit by yourself. You still topple over sometimes when you get excited but you enjoy sitting and seeing the world. You have also began to reach for mama! It is so cute and sweet. You will put your hands up when I come near you or you will reach for me when Daddy is holding you. You are still trying to crawl. You are now scooting forward on your belly. You have also started to push up on your hands and knees. Soon enough you will be crawling all over the place! You have also started to eat more solid foods. You love peaches and applesauce. You don't love peas. Just like mama! You enjoy eating now and we try new foods everyday. I think that this is mostly because you got two teeth this past month! We have been waiting on those teeth to pop through!

You have changed so much this past month. It has opened Mama's eyes to how fast time is going. I just can't believe how much you have grown. Of course, Mama's heart has grown just as much. I love you so much sweet boy.

Always,
Mama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet Mandie:) Glad he is enjoying food lately and got those teeth in!

April said...

WOW 8 months
I love reading you letters to you precious boy!
It was great seeing you both, can't wait to get together again!

Syd said...

Mandie, He is so big! Yea on the 2 teeth. Take care!

Anonymous said...

hey mandie.
im a 17yr old mother of a baby boy who is 9months old and although he can crawl and stand and has 2 teeth already my heart goes out to both of you as your letter opened my eyes to what i already have infront of me. the love and joy of my life, my lil man brayden.
take care and enjoy.. x