Monday, November 12, 2007

Letter to my six month old boy...

Dear Nathan-

You are 6 months old today! Half a year has come and gone so quickly. It seems like just yesterday that I held you for the first time. Today is a difficult day for mama. Such a bittersweet time.

In six months time you have grown to 20lbs and 28 inches long! You grew out of your infant car seat this month so we had to buy you a new one. You still don't like the car at all! Mama has to ride in the back with you and try to keep you busy with toys. You are starting to sit up better. You seem to get tired of holding yourself up though and just fall over. You have become so frustrated with the crawling situation. You want to crawl so badly! But your poor little arms can't support your weight quite yet. So you have solved the crawling problem by rolling every where! You can roll clear across the room in no time! You still drool all the time. We just aren't sure where your teeth are! You got a new toy for Halloween. It is an exersaucer and you love it! You love to spin all around and jump up and down. You still love nursing. You have invented some new nursing positions this past month! We have started to give you frozen apple slices for you to munch on. You seem to like it. We are going to try solid foods shortly. I have a feeling you won't go for that. You love water though. Mama has been letting you have sips of water from her cup and you love it. You grab onto the cup and guzzle it down! It is too cute. You were baptised yesterday. You did so well! You were so smiley and laughed the whole time. The whole church was amazed at how well you did. And when Gordon said, "I present to you Nathan Cole." You looked at the people and laughed! It was so cute! Mama was so proud.

Saying goodbye at the end of these letters always brings me to tears. My sweet boy is growing so fast. The love I feel for you is so overwhelming. It consumes me daily when I look at you. I often wonder how my heart withstands this much love without bursting. You mean the world to me Nathan Cole. You are my heart and my soul.

Love Always,

Mama

2 comments:

April said...

Beautiful Letter Mandie! Happy 6mon Nathan!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandie!
WOW, I can hardly believe that Nathan is 6months! Where has the time gone??? Sounds like Nathan is entering one of my favorite stages...when they're sitting and starting to be mobil...so fun...each stage is fun, but I love watching them figure things out at this age. :)
Anyway, before I write a book here, hope you're feeling better and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!