Friday, October 12, 2007

Letter to my Five month old boy...

Dear Nathan-

October has arrived and you are five months young this month. I know that I say this in all my letters but it seems like time just flies by. I wish that I could just hit 'Pause' but it seems that someone has decided on 'Fast forward' instead.

You weigh about 20lbs. You are still off the charts for your weight. I love looking at your chunky thighs and double chin. They are so cute and it warms my heart to think that you have grown so much on my milk. You still love to nurse. Your face lights up every time. You move around so much when you are nursing now. You like to play with your feet and rub your hands across my skin and face. Sometimes you even like to pinch! Mama is trying to break that habit! You won't stay on your back at all. You roll over as soon as I put you down. You have started to push up on your hands as if you are trying to crawl. You just can't seem to get your legs in on the act. I have a feeling that you will be crawling soon though. We work on sitting up too. You can sit for a few seconds before falling over. It is too cute! I can't wait until you can sit up on your own so that you can see more of the world around you. We bought you some spoons to play with and have been trying to spoon feed you some water. You seem to understand what the spoon is for and you open your mouth wide when you see it coming. Next month we will be trying to feed you some fruits and vegtables. I am so sad that this time is almost here! It means that you won't be getting all your nutrition from me anymore. But I know you will still be nursing like crazy anyway!

And so dear boy, another month has slipped away. Fall is here and the days are chilly and I just keep trying to hold onto time as it races by. I am sure that you will change so much by the time I write you the next letter, but for today, I will just tell you that I love you so much the way you are.

Always,
Mama

2 comments:

Heather said...

Mandie,
It is so great to see another blog from you. Your letters to Nathan are so sweet. I've really missed you and I hope you are doing alright!

Love,
Heather

Erinn said...

Mandie,
Your letter to Nathan has me tearing up! Babies grow so fast and it's not fair. You are so excited that they reach another milestone but so sad for the ones they are surpassing.