Friday, May 9, 2008

Some updates...

First of all, thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers related to my grandma's passing. We really appreciate it. We are doing ok here. Taking each day as it comes. I miss her a lot. The hardest part is seeing my mom like this. She loves her mama and is lost without her.

In other news, my mama is graduating tonight! She has worked so hard for this nursing degree and I am so proud of her.

In house news, we are still waiting. Waiting on paperwork from the bank and the seller. I will be so glad when all this is over.

We keep getting closer to Nathan's birthday! Only 3 more days! We are very excited for this! His party is scheduled for May 17th. We are looking forward to it.

As far as TTC goes, the loss of my grandma has really got me back into the TTC spirit (currently CD 13-Fertile phase). I just know (in Kathleen's words) that she is up there picking out the perfect brother or sister for Nathan. Our family needs joy now more than ever, so Brandon and I are really excited about TTC. We have created a timeline for our infertility path. And after much consideration, we have decided to do some IUIs (intrauterine insemination) before doing IVF. There are pros and cons to this obviously.

Pros:
Less expensive!! Only cost around $300 per cycle. IVF is $15,000.
We can start sooner!
No meds for me that could harm my milk supply for Nathan. Big Pro!

Cons:
The success rates aren't as good for IUIs. However it is not impossible! We have gotten pregnant before on our own (with Noel) so anything could happen!

Our timeline:
May, June, July--Trying the old-fashioned way. :)
August--IUI #1
September--If IUI #1 fails, we will take this month off.
October--IUI #2
November, December, January--If IUI #2 fails, we will take these months off for the holidays.
February--IUI #3
March, April, May--If IUI #3 fails, we will take these months off to get ready for IVF.
June--IVF

We are really excited about our plan! It makes sense to us and we are looking forward to it. We just know that Grandma is up there watching over our baby-to-be.

2 comments:

April said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan sweetie! I pray these next couple months bring you success! HUGS!

Natosha said...

So sorry to about your grandmother passing. I know you miss here dearly.

I wish you so much luck on TTC. I know how hard infertility is and what type of effect it has on a person. Big hugs.