Saturday, April 12, 2008

Letter to my eleven month old boy...

Dear Nathan,

April has arrived and with it comes warmer weather and lots of rain. You are 11 months old today and growing and changing every day.

You are getting to be so big! You still weigh around 25 lbs. But you are so much more active now. You crawl all over the house and pull up on furniture. You walk all around the couches and chairs. You even stand up on your own now and wobble back and forth before falling down. You babble all the time. You love having conversations with yourself. It is so cute! You have shown a preference for "Elmo's World". You love this part of Seseme Street! No matter where you are in the house, you will race back into the living room when you hear the theme song. You are nursing all the time now. At least once an hour you are crawling up into my lap. I think that it is your way of spending time with me and getting that closeness you need. You are going through a stage right now of needing mama all the time. You cry whenever I'm not around and when you can't see me. We are hoping that this stage passes soon so that Daddy can do things for you. I said in my last letter that you were sleeping better, well that stage has passed!! You wake up a lot at night now for some reason. Hopefully we can go back to sleeping good again soon. Since the weather has been nice, we have been going on walks everynight. Mama puts you in the carrier on her back and you love it! You even fall asleep back there sometimes! It is nice to get out of the house with you.

So sweet boy, 11 months have passed. Only one month left until your first birthday. Mama is busy planning your party and getting ready for this big event. I am looking forward to it, but it will be a bittersweet time. Bitter because I can't believe that a year will have passed in the blink of an eye. And sweet because you have graced our lives with joy and light and I am looking forward to all the years to come. I love you so much Nathan Cole!

Always,

Mama

No comments: