Monday, May 12, 2014

Letter to my seven year old boy...

-->
Dear Nathan,

How is it possible that you are seven?  Where has time gone?  I still see my tiny Nathan in my arms.  And now you are 47 lbs and taller than everyone in your class.  Time just seems to race by.  Especially this year because I missed a lot.  I cannot thank you and your brothers enough for going without Mama for awhile so that I could follow my dreams.  School is almost over for me now.  And you played a big part in getting me this far.  Thank you sweet boy. 

You amaze me every, single, day.  First grade has been amazing for you.  I have never been prouder of you.  You are amazingly smart at Math and you have made such great strides in all areas of school.  Your speech therapist, Ms. Christina, doesn’t even think you need speech anymore.  You are no longer displaying signs of Autism.  You look, talk, and act like a seven-year-old boy.  You are amazing.  You have overcome so much.  You’ve lost teeth this year!  You’ve lost 4 so far and your adult teeth are coming in.  Looks like braces are in your future kiddo! J You tie your own shoes, shower, and dress yourself.  You look after your brothers and are amazing at video games.  You love Mario and Nintendo, which makes Daddy so proud!  I look at you sometimes and I wish that I could step back and hold you as a sweet baby again.  But then I see you interact with your neighborhood friends and my heart bursts with pride.  No one can tell you’ve ever had a speech delay.  No one can tell that you are any different than anyone else.  But I know you are different.  You are special in ways that no one else is.  You have the soul of someone much older.  You show so much compassion and empathy.  You are kind and thoughtful.  You still are a picky eater, but that’s ok.  Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are just fine with us! 

Nathan Cole, the love I have for you is never-ending.  Until I draw my last breath, I will love you.  No matter what.  Happy birthday son. 

Always,

Mama

 Love at first sight. 
 My big boy. 

 Interview with a 7 year old, Nathan Cole:

What is your name? Nathan

How old are you? 7

Who is your best friend? Owen (he lives down the street)

What is your favorite food? Peanut butter and Jelly

What is your favorite animal? A dog

What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite movie? Back to the Future

Who is your favorite person? Mommy

Who are your brothers? Gavin and Kai

What does mommy do? She takes care of babies.

What does daddy do? He works at Honda to make cars. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? A Honda worker

What do you love?  Mommy (same answer the past two years, and I love it).  

No comments: