Saturday, May 12, 2012

Letter to my 5 year old son

Dear Nathan,

Happy 5th birthday sweetheart!  I can't believe that you are 5 years old.  You are finishing up your second year of preschool and are attending Kindergarten next year!  Getting so big.

Do you see this smile?  This smile lights up my day, everyday.  You have such a pure heart.  You love to see other people happy.  I love to see you happy.  You get so excited about simple things that sometimes it makes me pause to think about life and what it really means. You love apple juice and spaghetti.  You love peanut butter and jelly and popcorn.  Movie night is your favorite night of the week.  You like to clean up the living room and pull out pillows and blankets and have us all cuddle together to watch your favorite movies.  You love Monsters, Inc. and Cars.  Finding Nemo is another favorite as long as I fast forward through the beginning.  :)

Playing outside is the highlight of your day.  You love running around with Lucy and playing with your cars outside.  I'm so glad that spring is here and you get to run and play again.  School is going so well.  You are doing amazing things.  You are starting to recognize words and their sounds.  You are learning to use scissors and are getting so much better at drawing things.  You still see the speech therapists at school and you'll see them next year too.  Although your speech is 100% better, we are now working on learning how to communicate with others and reading body language and facial emotions.  You get better everyday! 

You love playing with the iPad.  There are several apps that you enjoy and ask to play it all the time.  We love watching you learn and grow up.  You are so independent.  You sleep on your own and you try to help out with your brothers.  You three are so close and it makes me a little teary to see you all playing together.  You have your fair share of fights too, but that is what brothers are for! 

You are 44 inches tall and 40.2lbs.  You are going to be taller than me before we know it.  I love you so much Nathan.  I think about that day 5 years ago when you were born.  You changed my life for the better and I'm so happy I'm your mom. 

Always,

Mama

Interview with a 5 year old, Nathan Cole:

What is your name? Nathan!! Cole!!

How old are you? 5! Mom! I'm 5!

Who is your best friend? Gavy

What is your favorite food? Peanut butter and jelly

What is your favorite animal? A zebra

What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite movie? Finding Nemo

Who is your favorite person? Daddy

Who are your brothers? Gavy and Kai

What does mommy do? Mommy works at work.

What does daddy do? He makes peanut butter and jelly for me.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Nathan.  I want to be a Nathan.  (I love this answer.) 

What do you love?  Mommy.  I love you too Nathan, I love you too.

1 comment:

villemezbrown said...

This letter and interview are beautiful - so full of joy!

Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Adele