Friday, November 4, 2011

Another application submitted

Originally I had planned on only applying to one school for my master's degree. However, when it came down to it, I decided to have a back-up plan in case I didn't get accepted or something. However, now it seems that the back-up school has moved into being my first choice school. And I'm all confused. I submitted my application for Georgetown University in Washington D.C. on Wednesday.

Georgetown:
Ranked as the number 1 distance learning CNM program in the country. Number 2 distance learning master's program.
I would be done with my degree in 18 months.
Georgetown allows dual degrees in both midwifery and women's health nurse practitioner.
The downside? It costs over twice as much as University of Cincinnati.

University of Cincinnati:
Lower cost
Lower ranking program
No dual degree
Degree would take 2.5 years.

I have a lot to think about. Although right now, I am just in the waiting phase. Waiting to hear back from both schools about whether or not I've been accepted. After that, I imagine it will be more waiting to see about the financial aid offered.

I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is super exciting! I just had my hopes crushed about getting into Fronteir's ADN-MSN bridge program this fall because I am not graduating from a NLN accredited school (they are still in the process) so I will have to get my bachelors first. I will be anxiously following your decision process since it is in my near future as well. I am just so ready to be a CNM already!

Stacy said...

That is super exciting, either way!

villemezbrown said...

I hope you get in to Georgetown. That's what I'd choose if I were you. Good luck!