Monday, October 3, 2011

6.2

I ran for 6.2 miles yesterday. A 10K! It feels weird to type it. Considering where I started, I'm amazed at my progress. I set my sights on a 5K many months ago and now I can run twice that. It was a good run. I won't lie and say that it was easy. Those last two miles were especially tough. My joints were sore and my body was tired. But oddly enough, I had no problems breathing and I didn't feel like I was about to die or anything (a common trend among some of my runs). I feel really good about where I'm at and I don't think that I will try to up my distance right now. I'm going to work on maintaining my current level. I'm also going to work on more strength training. My weight hasn't changed much and I'm thinking that I've hit my healthy point. I'm happy with where I'm at (for like the first time ever).

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That is awesome!!!!! You look great!

Staci said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

Jamie said...

YEAH! Way to go! I'm not sure how you did it with everything else you have going on, but you rock!

villemezbrown said...

And based on the picture in the next post, you are looking amazing! You rock!

Adele