Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The next step

As many of you know, I have been debating for years about going back to school. My original plan from years back was to finish nursing school and immediately return to get my Masters in Nursing and become a certified nurse midwife (CNM). Well, kids and life and everything got in the way and I put that dream on a shelf for awhile. I've posted several times about going back, but I've been really unsure.

However, as of this Thursday, I will have all my paperwork and application turned in to the University of Cincinnati! Their program is just perfect for me. My entire first year will be online, so that I can still be the busy mom that I am. My clinicals will start during my second year. It will take two and a half years to become a CNM. That seems like forever, but I know that it will go by quickly.

I'm excited and nervous and ready! Just hoping that I get accepted!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

How exciting!

CLeigh said...

That is absolutely wonderful! I am currently working on getting my RN degree. I will continue my schooling in hopes of becoming a nurse practitioner eventually...

It's a lot of work, but it is very rewarding.

Christina said...

What a great career it will be! You'll do great :)