Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Update on my running

So after completing the Couch to 5K, I thought about trying to train for a half-marathon in October. I figured that I had plenty of time to slowly build up my mileage. However, life got in the way (new job and kids and all of the stuff I talked about in my update post). So I got behind on my running and right now the half-marathon seems unattainable.

So I decided to switch gears and train for a 10K instead. A 10K is is 6.2 miles, which sounds more doable to me right now. I can already run for 5 miles, so this seems like a good stepping stone. I'm starting a new 10K training program today!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I think you can do a mini! What you lack in training, adrenaline will make up for! I would try a mini and worse case scenario you have to walk a couple of miles : )