Friday, August 12, 2011

Letters to my sons

Dear Gavin,

August has arrived and you are 19 months old today!! Getting to be such a big boy!

This summer has just flown by. Not really much has changed since last month. You are still trying to chat up a storm with us. You are saying things like "light", "book", "diaper", and "water". You've come a long way and we are really starting to understand some of your words. You have been putting on your shoes all by yourself lately. You get them on and go stand by the door because you want to go "bye-bye". It is adorable. This past month has been very busy for us all. Mama started a new job and we found a new sitter for you guys! Her name is Tara and she is really nice. I only work a couple of days a week but it is still great to have someone available to watch you if needed. You do really well when I'm gone whether it is with Tara or your grandparents.

I know this is a short letter, but I feel like I covered everything in the last one! I love you so much sweet boy!

Always,

Mama

-------------------------

Dear Kai,

19 months old today Kai-bear! August is here and you are getting so big!

Not really much has changed in the last month. You are sleeping better all the time and are slowly starting to try to talk to us. We don't understand many words from you yet, but I know that will come with time. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but I'm fairly certain that you are going to turn out to be an engineer of some kind. I have never seen a kid so fascinated with figuring out how things work! You love things with moving parts and you could spend hours trying to figure something out. It is really something to see you with a new gadget! Your favorite is the vacuum cleaner. You love removing the hose and reattaching it. You love wrapping the cord around and figuring out how the hinge works. So sweet! In other news, this month has been a bit of a transition for us because Mama went back to work. I only work a couple of days a week, so it has been a relatively smooth change. We hired a new sitter. Her name is Tara and she watches you when I have to work through the week. She is really nice and says that you do well when I'm not there. On the weekends, Daddy watches you while I work in the mornings.

Getting bigger by the day Kai! Although you still have your adorable little run that cracks us up. And you still make your Kai-bear piggy noises that you've made since you were born. I hope that never changes.

Love,

Mama

No comments: