Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update on my June goals

Now that the month is nearly over, it is time to evaluate my goals and see how well I did this month!!

-I want to run at least 10 miles a week. By the end of June, I would like to be able to run for 5 miles at a time. I think this is a pretty good goal. Last week was the first time that I ran for 4 miles, so I think that a goal of 5 miles is totally reasonable. I did awesome at this! I did at least 10 miles a week, and last week, I hit 12 miles. I haven't ran for 5 miles yet, but that is on the schedule for today!

-Rock my next 5K! I want to beat my last 5K time of 40:10. My next race is this weekend June 4th!! I'm excited because it is in my town so I don't have to get up so early! I'm ready to do it! I did really well at my 5K on June 4th. I cut 3 minutes off my previous time! I don't have a race on the schedule right now, but I'm looking at another 5K on July 16th.

-I've been sticking very closely to my half-marathon training plan, so I'd like to keep that up! I do Pilates or Kettlebells on off days. So I'm going to stick to that for the month of June. I have stuck pretty close to my half-marathon training plan. I'm going a bit slower than I would like, but building my mileage up is hard work!

-I would like to weigh 155 by June 30th. This may be a lofty goal actually. I didn't do very well on my diet over Memorial Day (damn you Red Velvet Cake), so I gained two pounds (although this could be fluctuation too because my weight likes to yo-yo from day to day). Either way, I was at 158 this morning, so I've got 3 pounds to lose this month! I rocked this goal! I was at 153.8 this morning! Which means I lost 4.2 pounds this month!

-I want to continue tracking my calories and control my portions. This has become such a habit now and I've been doing really well.

Non-health related:

-I want to get last Summer completely scrapbooked. I am about a year behind and would like to slowly get caught up. I didn't do so great with this. It was hard to dedicate my time to sitting down this month. It seemed like I was always busy.

-Now that Nathan is out of school, I would like to do 3 trips a week with the kids. Either to the park, pool, or to visit Grandma. I helps for us to get out of the house and break the monotony. Daily (for nice days) walks are also in the plan. We've done this for sure! We've gone to the Children's museum and to visit my mom and the park. We've been outside every day we possibly could.

-Stick to my cleaning schedule so that the house stays somewhat nice. House is clean! I've been doing pretty well at keeping up.

-Continue my long and depressing job search. I actually have an interview this Saturday afternoon, so I'm hoping that goes well. We shall see! Job search is OVER! I have a new job and I start on July 11th!

All in all it was a great month. I'm happy with my work-out schedule and my weight loss. Kids are doing well and I'm enjoying the summer. Coming soon: a list of goals for July!

3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Way to go on achieving your goals! You should feel very proud of yourself. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

villemezbrown said...

Congrats!! You did amazingly well at your goals!

Stacy said...

Great job with your goals! I love your new layout!