Friday, May 20, 2011

On the eve of my first 5K race

I'm kinda freaking out a little bit.

I'm really nervous! What if I finish last? What if I start out too fast and end up not being able to do it? I have to be there tomorrow at 7:30. Which means we have to leave at 6:30. I've never ran that early before. What if I just can't? These are just a fraction of my worries right now!

Brandon is going with me while my in-laws are keeping the boys. I'm so glad that he will be able to be there. He is going to take pictures and cheer me on.

I'm just hoping to finish under 40 minutes. But honestly, I just want to finish and finish strong. I will update tomorrow!

5 comments:

Amanda & Joel said...

So what if you finish last? :) You won't! But even if you did, who cares, you are going to FINISH a 5k and that's amazing! I'm sure you'll do awesome. You should be super proud of yourself for meeting this goal!

Andrea said...

You can do it!!! Don't worry about all those things - you will do great! I promise you that the adrenaline will be going and you will not finish last. And you know? So what if you do. It will still mean that you finished. Just try to stay calm and think about your regular runs and keeping on a good pace - not too fast! I can't wait to hear!

norajane said...

YOU CAN DO THIS! I will be thinking about you! Good luck!

Stacie L. said...

You've got this! Pre-race anxiety happens to everyone. Plan to visit the port-o-potty at least once before you start. Have fun, you are about to finish something that a lot of people only dream of doing.

Stacy said...

Good luck, hope you had a fun time!