Thursday, May 12, 2011

Milestone for mama

I ran tonight for 3.1 miles. I ran a 5K! I'm honestly so proud of myself. I completed something that I started and put my whole body and heart into it. I won't lie and say it was easy, but I really did it. I got out there in 85 degree heat and ran for 43 minutes (yes, I am so slow, but my feet kept moving). Right before I started to run, I smiled because I knew I was going to do it. In the middle of my first mile (always the hardest for me) I said to myself, "They will have to drag my cold, dead body off this road because I am finishing this."

I cried when I finished. Cheesy? Yes. I just couldn't help it. Such a big hurdle to overcome and I was just so happy that I pushed through.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so freaking excited for you! And not cheesy at all. You set what felt like an impossible goal and you achieved it! Seriously, do not worry about the speed yet (coming from the slowest girl on Earth - lol). It will come. Before you know it, you'll be doing 3 miles as your regular run, and then can start to pick up the pace or add in some fun speedwork. Or if you're me, just keep adding distance to avoid speedwork, and ever so slowly increase pace. Ha!

EssKress said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Rajean B. said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

norajane said...

YOU ROCK!