Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goals for the month of June

Now that the Biggest Loser is over...I WON!!!! :)

I really need to set-up some goals so that I can stay on my path to weight loss and healthier living.

-I want to run at least 10 miles a week. By the end of June, I would like to be able to run for 5 miles at a time. I think this is a pretty good goal. Last week was the first time that I ran for 4 miles, so I think that a goal of 5 miles is totally reasonable.

-Rock my next 5K! I want to beat my last 5K time of 40:10. My next race is this weekend June 4th!! I'm excited because it is in my town so I don't have to get up so early! I'm ready to do it!

-I've been sticking very closely to my half-marathon training plan, so I'd like to keep that up! I do Pilates or Kettlebells on off days. So I'm going to stick to that for the month of June.

-I would like to weigh 155 by June 30th. This may be a lofty goal actually. I didn't do very well on my diet over Memorial Day (damn you Red Velvet Cake), so I gained two pounds (although this could be fluctuation too because my weight likes to yo-yo from day to day). Either way, I was at 158 this morning, so I've got 3 pounds to lose this month!

I want to continue tracking my calories and control my portions

Non-health related:

-I want to get last Summer completely scrapbooked. I am about a year behind and would like to slowly get caught up.

-Now that Nathan is out of school, I would like to do 3 trips a week with the kids. Either to the park, pool, or to visit Grandma. I helps for us to get out of the house and break the monotony. Daily (for nice days) walks are also in the plan.

-Stick to my cleaning schedule so that the house stays somewhat nice.

-Continue my long and depressing job search. I actually have an interview this Saturday afternoon, so I'm hoping that goes well. We shall see!

All in all, it will be a busy month! I'll post along the way about my progress and post at the end of June for a wrap-up!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I just know you'll make all of that happen! Good luck!

Staci said...

Haven't talked to you since high school- but it looks like you are doing great! I found your link while reading Steph's blog. You should know that I have started the Cto5K because of you- thank you! :) I'm on Week 2!

Mandie said...

Staci- Good to see you!!! You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad you are doing the C25K! It is a great program!