Thursday, April 14, 2011

A big milestone for me


When I first started the Couch to 5K, I cheated and looked ahead at the weeks to come. It freaked me out to see that at week 5, I would have to run for 20 (TWENTY!!) minutes straight without walking. During week 1, I struggled to run for one minute at a time andI couldn't imagine how I could possibly do 20. I've been dreading today for many weeks. And I did it. 20 minutes of no walking. 20 minutes of running. At the end of the 20 minutes, my Couch to 5K app said "You can call yourself a runner now!" And I am.

5 comments:

One Day... said...

That's awesome, Mandie! Gives me hope! :) I'd like to start the couch to 5k when it warms up here.
Congratulations!! :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!! Don't you feel GREAT?! AND proud of yourself! You did it!

Amanda & Joel said...

Woohoo! That's awesome! Such a great feeling isn't it?? I started c25k before I got pregnant with Asher, and made it to week 5... then I got sick and lost my momentum. Started again after I had him and made it to week 4 that time :( Then something happened... a vacation maybe? As soon as I miss a day it seems I lose it altogether. Ugh. After this baby I will try again and I WILL finish it! You are an inspiration! :) You go girl!

KathleenSBass said...

Love this!! COngratulations! I love the bumper stick/tshirts/hats that say "I run like a girl!" :) Isnt a runner's high amazing? Keep it up!!!

Jamie said...

Yeah!!! You rock. That 20 minutes terrified me when I did C25K. Way to go and keep it up! Great accomplishment!