Saturday, March 12, 2011

Letters to my sons

Dear Gavin,

March is here and it is finally starting to warm up (a bit). I can't wait until I can take you all outside everyday. We went out for a few minutes today and you weren't sure what to think about walking in the grass and driveway.

You are 14 months old now! Your hair is getting long and you are losing so much of your baby face. You love to play with the the pots and pans and spoons. It can get pretty loud around here! You love it when Nathan pulls you around in the bus (it normally holds all the blocks) or pushes you on the firetruck. It is so sweet to see you playing together. Bathtime is always fun around here! Three little boys in the tub is one funny sight to see. You have dropped another nursing session. You no longer wake up in the middle of the night (well except at 5am). You sleep on your own right next to Daddy and seem to be doing well with that. We will be setting up your room soon. We are going to have all three of our boys in the same room, so we are getting bunk beds. Hopefully you will be able to sleep well without Daddy there. So back to nursing, you have 3 sessions a day. One at 5am, one at 1pm for naptime, and one at 8pm for bedtime. You are eating lots of solid foods, although you are turning into a bit of a picky eater! You have also been taking a bottle of water now and then too. Although I still can't get you to drink milk! In other toddler news, you are becoming quite good at throwing tantrums. When you get angry, you throw things! I think we are in for a rough couple of years with twins and tantrums!

You are such a little firecracker, sweet Gavin. I just adore your fiery spirit and love your sweet laugh. 14 months and going strong!

Love always,

Mama

------------------------------

Dear Kai,

Today you are 14 months old! Spring is right around the corner! We took you outside today and you really seemed to like it. Although you kept wanting to run into the street, so we will have to work on that one.

I feel like your babyhood is slowly slipping away. You run all around here and you are saying "Bye-bye" and "baba" and just growing up so fast. You love pushing trucks all around the house and have turned into quite the little bully. You take toys from Gavin a lot and push him down. We are really having to watch you two! You throw tantrums right along with Gavin. Your style of tantrums involve throwing yourself on the floor. You are so dramatic and cute. You are still nursing 4 times a day and your sleep is still pretty bad. I don't know why, but you insist on waking up every hour all night long. I am so hoping that you cut that out soon. You seem to be sick all the time though, so I'm wondering if that is why you are up a lot. We are going to be setting up your room (to share with Gavin and Nathan) soon. Hopefully you'll be able to sleep on your own, because Mama needs a little break. Although I'm sure I'll miss sleeping next to you. You are the world's best cuddler.

I'm so looking forward to this summer with you. I think you will love being outside and playing in the yard. Time is just flying by, but know that I love you so much sweet baby.

Always,

Mama

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I love this age. My youngest is 15 months old and I love to watch her exploring the world and learning so much so fast. I love the transition from baby to toddler.