Saturday, February 12, 2011

Letters to my sons...

Dear Gavin,

13 months old now! It is February and it is finally starting to get a little warmer outside. I am so looking forward to nice weather so that you guys can discover our backyard!

You are in full-blown toddler mode now. You throw fits with the best of 'em! You are almost running through the house now. You bring Mama stuff and expect me to say "Thank you!". You point to things that you like or that you want. You climb on the couch and chair and fireplace. You love playing with pots and pans. You are waking up 1-2 times a night now and still sleeping with Daddy. He can put you to sleep better than I can! You still take one nap a day. You love Grandma. Whenever she is around, I don't even exist! You are eating everything in sight and nursing 3-4 times a day. You are starting to seem interested in Elmo now too! This letter is short and sweet, but you are growing up so quickly now! Soon you'll be talking up a storm and jumping on the bed. I love you Gavin.

Always,

Mama

----------------

Dear Kai,

You are 13 months old today! Warmer weather will soon be here and I can't wait to get you out of the house!

This has been a big month for you. On the 8th, you had surgery on both of your ears. You needed tubes to drain the fluid so that you wouldn't get as many ear infections. You did so well with the surgery. You charmed all the nurses and did wonderfully. You seem to be a much happier kid and I'm so thrilled that you can hear us now. You are such a big boy now, Kai-bear. You actually run through the house now. You say "Mama" and "baba" on a regular basis. You have one or two bottles of whole milk a day. You also nurse 4-5 times still. You eat and eat and eat everything in sight. I actually caught you eating dog food today. You are growing up day by day. I love you sweet boy.

Always,

Mama

No comments: