Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dr. Appt today for Kai-bear

We saw Dr. Ear today. Kai has profound hearing loss in both ears caused by fluid build-up. He also had another ear infection in his left ear (we just got off antibiotics). Dr. Ear recommended tubes. The surgery is set for Tuesday. I know this is the right thing to do, but I'm still nervous. The doctor said that his hearing would improve overnight and it would allow all the fluid to drain. My poor sweet baby is in so much pain, so I'm thankful to have an end in sight. Dr. Ear was a nice guy and I trust his guidance.

A lot of people mentioned chiropractic care for Kai and under normal circumstances, I would totally consider going the natural route and trying to fix it that way. However, my baby is in pain and can't hear. This is what this procedure is for. We are doing the right thing.

5 comments:

Sarah A.T.J. said...

Hope everything goes well tomorrow, poor little guy:(

Please Press Pause said...

When my twin sisters we little both of them ended up needing tubes because they were CONSTANTLY getting ear infections. C's hearing loss was so bad that she was always yelling rather than talking in a normal voice because she couldn't hear anything. I remember it being awful for them and the tubes were a tremendous help. I hope Kai has the same great results and relief from the pain!

Christina said...

Ear infections are awful - I hope he feels better soon!

Jamie said...

Mama knows what's best for her boys. ((hugs))

adelev said...

Absolutely! I hope and fully expect that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and Kai gets some relief right away.

Adele