Sunday, January 30, 2011

A mini Nathan update

My sweetheart is doing so well. He is a completely different little boy. He is chatting up a storm now and so helpful. The teacher told me on Friday that he has turned a corner in class. He is playing well with other students (he was always a loner before) and enjoying group time. He really struggled with sitting through group time before, but now, he is actually enjoying it! He joins in during pretend time now. He is singing the alphabet song and learning his letters. It seems that the new teaching plan and additional speech therapy is really helping him. I'm just so proud. He loves his school so much. He comes running out every day "Mom! I missed you! I love you!". The improvement is just awesome. I honestly think that when this kid is in Kindergarten, you won't know he struggled at first. My sweet boy is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Please Press Pause said...

Oh Mandie, what an awesome update! You must be so very proud of Nathan:)

Mollie said...

great update!! so glad that this is working for you!!!

Andrea said...

That sounds very similar to Carys. She went from crying and not participating in school to loving it and doing great. Kindergarten has been awesome for her and it's just wonderful to see your kids thrive! Go Nathan!

adelev said...

What wonderful news about Nathan! I'm so glad. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Adele