Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Being thankful for milk

As much as I complain about nursing the twins, I am so thankful that I can do this. A friend of mine is struggling now with nursing her new baby and it kinda hit home for me. I would be beyond devastated if I couldn't nurse these babies. I need to be thankful for this today. Sure, it has been painful and so difficult. But we are making it through. 11 months and going strong. I'm going to have Brandon take a nursing picture today. I'll post that later. So thankful for milk. So thankful for my body today.

4 comments:

Please Press Pause said...

I have a friend who has desperately tried everything to nurse her two children and all the pumping/herbs/dom/LLL help in the world couldn't make it work for her. It really drove home for me how blessed I was to have been able to nurse Julian as long as I was able to. Making it to 11 months with your two boys is pretty awesome in itself:)

Sophie {Red Dust Love} said...

Twins till 11 months!!! You are amazing! I didn't even make it that far with singles. You should be very proud!

Brittany said...

You are a very lucky woman. I cried and begged and pleaded God to make my milk come in better so that I could nurse my daughter. She had surgery on her intestines at 6 days old and she needed my breastmilk so bad and my body just wouldn't work with me. She got about 6 weeks of pumped milk but my body eventually dried itself up. I was devastated. Everytime I see my friend nursing her daughter I get that little knot in my throat. Making it 11 months with one baby is awesome but 2 that is amazing ! :) Good for you !

Emily said...

Just wanted to say that you are a great mama! 11 months! Yeah!