Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in pictures

2010 started off for us with the homebirth of our sweet twin boys. Gavin Quinn and Kai Nicholas joined our family on January 12, 2010. It was an amazingly empowering experience for me that I'll never forget.
Kai's first moments with Mama.
My boys. Fresh and new on their birthday.
This is how the majority of 2010 was spent for me. Nursing Gavin...
and then Kai. But I would do it all again for these....
sweet smiles.
Nathan Cole turned 3 on May 12th. He also went through a phase of not wearing any clothes.
2010 was also spent taking lots of walks with the stroller.
On August 8th, I turned 27 and I began to feel old when....
my baby boy went off to preschool the next week.
In early September, Brandon and I had a one-night getaway for a friend's wedding in Chicago. We came home to...
three sweet boys full of love for each other.
In October, we took family pictures and they turned out better than we had hoped! Our family of 5 is growing up day by day.
Then we had Halloween with the UPS man and...
a lion, a pumpkin, and Cupid.
In November, we were told that Nathan had some markers for Mild Autism Disorder. He keeps learning every day and we are so proud to be his parents. My bet for 2011 is that he will progress so much that you won't be able to tell.
And finally this Christmas was two of our babies' first! Kai loved the presents and almost as much as....
Nathan.
Gavin was more reserved but loved it all the same.

Our 2010 was a tough year. The first year with twins is the hardest thing I (we) have ever gone through. Mostly it was a blur of nursings, diaper changes, and very little sleep. 2011 will start off the same...but hopefully it will get easier for us! All that said, I love my babies. I love my husband. I love life. I hope you'll join me next year for more tantrums, cute baby photos, rants, and lessons that I learn along the way. I'll be ringing in the New Year asleep because I take it when I can get it!

Much love to you and yours,

Mandie

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Happy New Years! Here's to a fabulous new year!