Monday, November 15, 2010

On business trips and other nonsense

So I hate them business trips. Hate them. Loathe them with an intense passion.

Brandon has left for a short (2 days) business trip to Detroit and I miss him. It is times like these when I can really appreciate being married and having a partner to help with the responsibilities of running a household. Thankfully he is working at a company that doesn't send him on these trips very often. His old job was around 40% travel and that was tough and we didn't even have children yet!

Along that same line, the wives and husbands of our soldiers do NOT get enough credit in my opinion. Their spouses are gone for months, sometimes years at a time while they are left to manage the house and children alone. I can't imagine that hardship.

In other rambling news, I took a break from blogging this weekend because I was re-reading the Harry Potter series in preparation for the upcoming movie! I'm so excited to see it! I love reading those books and I don't think I'll ever not love them.

Also, my boob is finally feeling better!!! Praise all that is holy! I had no pain when nursing Gavin this morning. I am hoping that I NEVER have to go through something like again.

Well, that's all for today folks. Oh and Gavin is giving kisses now. Grandma taught him that. Cutest. thing. ever.

2 comments:

adelev said...

So glad you are feeling better!

April said...

So glad your feeling better!
Your so right, those soldiers and families just don't get the praise they should! I just couldn't imagine being without Jason for months or years! Heck I miss him while he's at work! :) I use to hate the business trips his company sent him on, thank heavens they have haulted them for now! Hope these couple days go fast for ya all!