Monday, November 8, 2010

Doctor Visit

I couldn't wait until Tuesday. I had to go today. I didn't see my regular doctor, but I saw his partner and she is always really nice. I have a very bad case of thrush and a very bad case of mastitis. Yep, that's right, both at the same time. This morning I started to get "flu-like" symptoms and had a fever, so I knew the mastitis diagnosis was coming.

So the doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics for the mastitis and diflucan for the thrush. I also was able to get more pain medication to make it through until I start feeling better. I am hoping I feel better soon. I'm already almost 2 weeks behind on my Couch to 5K (I'm thinking that I should start over and pick a race in January instead) and I'm neglecting my house. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I appreciate you all taking the time to listen to me complain!

5 comments:

Please Press Pause said...

I was really hoping my guess on the mastitis was wrong:( I'm glad the doctor got you in yesterday though - the combination of the two must have you miserable. I hope the healing only continues from here! And can I just say - it takes one dedicated mama push on with breast feeding through obstacles like this and I really admire that dedication.

Mandie said...

Thanks dear. That is so sweet to say. It made my day.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I hope you are better soon!

adelev said...

I'm glad you got into the doctor and got some prescriptions. I hope you start feeling some relief soon!

Adele

Jamie said...

Ouch! What a mess! You're one rockin' breastfeeding mama and this too shall pass! I hope the meds work FAST!