Monday, November 29, 2010

5 Things about Me

1. I am terrified of getting older. This is something that I am working on accepting. I'm convinced that I already have wrinkles.

2. I am so ready to get by body back to myself. Being pregnant and or nursing for the past 4+ years has taken its toll on me.

3. I am obsessed with the idea of chopping off all of my hair. I feel like I've looked the same for years. I'm thinking bangs and short to my chin. What say you?

4. My favorite movie is "Back to the Future". My favorite books are the Harry Potter series. My favorite TV show is Roseanne. All these things make me happy.

5. I hate being alone. Well, I take that back. I love being alone for very short bits of time in which I can either A. Take a bath or B. Read a book in peace. But after that I get bored and lonely very quickly. Good thing I have three boys and a hubby to keep me company.

4 comments:

EssKress said...

Love the "5 Things" blog series! I may steal the idea.

I chopped my hair this past July and sooo do not regret it one bit! Dan did NOT want me to cut it at all, and a part of me didn't either, but I couldn't stop thinking about doing it. I went from long w/ no bangs to long w/ bangs to short w/ bangs to short w/ no bangs. Dan loves it. I love it. It's fresh and fun. One thing I've experienced, though, is that the short hair takes me longer to style. When it was long, I could just blow dry it and go, or put it up into a messy pony tail. Now, I have to use a little product to get some volume and blow dry it, as well as straighten it. I had hoped that wouldn't be the case, but I just don't have the hair to pull off anything else.

In short, I think you should cut it! You're young - have some fun! It'll always grow if you don't like it! :)

adelev said...

I think you would look adorable with short hair and bangs, but I cannot in good conscience say "Go for it!". Hair for me is significant and has meaning, in particular, long hair. My own hair is really long and thick and wavy. Most days I wear it in a French braid. My daughter's hair is very long (though not the longest in her class she tells me). It has a slight wave and it holds a curl really well. Sometimes I curl her whole head with rags overnight and she looks so cute! I don't like the current fad of straightening hair, but my daughter's friends have done it to my daughter's hair once or twice and I will admit she looks beautiful as well as at least two or three years older. My husband has not cut his hair in more than 15 years. It is long and thick and curly and beautiful. He has a full beard and mustache too and the overall look is very masculine and a little wild.

Obviously your own hairstyle means something different to you and you may love having short hair, but I always feel compelled to put out the vote of "Oh, no. Don't go short!"

LOL

Adele

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am thinking of doing something to my hair too. So far, I am thinking coloring it and seeing how that is and then maybe cutting after.

I LOVE Back to the Future!

Erin said...

I think short hair with bangs would look great on you!