Monday, October 25, 2010

Start of week 2, inches lost, and new kicks!


I started week 2 of Couch to 5K today! My run went well and I felt great afterward. I could get used to this! It was a perfect fall day today. Leaves were falling, the perfect music came on my iPod, and all was well with the world. I find myself looking forward to running after Brandon gets home from work. It gets me out of the house and off Mommy duty.

This past weekend, Brandon and I went to a running store and had our strides measured (he is training with me) to get the perfect shoe. They put me on a treadmill and used a camera to capture my running style. I needed a light stability shoe and decided on the Nike Structure 13. I really love these shoes. My feet did not hurt today at all!

In other news, I finally measured myself! Since starting my new workout routine (started with the 30 day shred and now onto the Couch to 5K), I have lost:

2.5 inches in my waist
1 inch on each thigh
2.5 inches in my hips
2 inches in my chest
1 inch in each arm

That is a total of 9 inches! I'm really just so proud of myself right now. I haven't felt this good about my level of fitness since high school.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, way to go!!!!

Carrie said...

You are doing awesome girl!! I need you to motivate me!

April said...

Go Mandie! Great job girl!