Thursday, April 29, 2010

The pump....

can kiss my ass. There I said it.

I freaking hate that thing!!! I am trying, ever so hard, to pump some milk so that the boys can be fed by someone else. It would be nice to take a nap without having to wake up every hour to feed someone and it would be nice to be able to go get my hair done and get out of the house for more than 45 minutes at a time. But alas, yesterday I tried pumping (granted it was after feeding the boys) and I got 1/2 an ounce. Really?! Geez. At this rate, it will take me years to pump enough for two bottles! *sigh*

Edit: My sister rocks!! She offered some of her milk for the boys! She is an awesome pumper! Thanks Brooke! You are so sweet!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I always found that the first few times I pumped were the hardest and I got the least. It's almost like my body knew the difference between the pump and the baby and once I did the pump enough, it would finally give up the milk. :) Yay for your sister and for hopefully getting out of the house or a nap!

Mamakims said...

The only way I've ever been able to pump was to nurse on one side and pump on the other. That way I could get 4 or 5 ounces in one go but doing it without my baby nursing and I'd get nada. My breasts wouldn't give up their precious milk for a machine! :P
Yay for having a generous sister to help you out!

Tin Can Daisy said...

Yay for having such a wonderful sister! Perhaps sitting in a warm bath when you pump might help? Or possibly hand expressing might be easier?

Erin said...

Yay for your sister! That is awesome. I could never pump much either. I get more quicker by hand.

Syd said...

Do you pump in front of the boys? Maybe looking at a picture of them while pumping would help. Or talking about them while pumping.... "Kai did the cutest thing today..." I have found that can really help with let down.