Monday, April 12, 2010

Letters to my sons...April 12th

Dear Gavin,

Today you are 3 months old! I can't believe that 3 months have past since your birth! You weigh around 13.5lbs now and are 24.5 inches long.

You are such a smiley and happy boy. You love to laugh and take in the world around you. You adore Nathan. Every time he gets near you, you just light up! You are a drooling machine now and you are constantly chewing on your fists. You have discovered that your hands are fun to look at and it is so sweet to watch you learning. Your eyes are so blue. It is amazing to me that we have a blue-eyed son. I have to wonder if they will stay that way or if they will change to brown. Your hair is so light too. It will be so fun to watch you change and grow. You take about 4 naps a day. Your favorite place to nap is on Daddy. You love it when he rocks you in the chair. You nurse every 2 hours or so. You have taken a liking to the right side and you often look up at me while you nurse. I have to remind you that you can't smile at Mama and nurse at the same time. Nighttime is still a little crazy around here. You and I go to bed first around 8pm. I nurse you to sleep and then I call Daddy to come in with Nathan and Kai. Daddy takes you and lets you sleep near him while I nurse Kai to sleep. You sleep for one 4 hour stretch at night and then you are up every two hours after that. When you wake up, Daddy hands you to me and then I nurse you back to sleep. Hopefully we can work on sleeping longer stretches soon.

Three months ago, I held you for the first time. I cried tears of joy when you arrived. These past months have gone by so quickly. I love you so much.

Always,

Mama

----------------------------------------

Dear Kai,

You are three months old today, sweet boy! It is hard to believe how quickly these past months have gone. Pretty soon, you will be walking all around here just like Nathan.

You weigh around 13.5lbs now and are 24 inches long. You are more chunky than Gavin. I think it is because you are a big comfort nurser. You love nursing. Not an hour goes by without you acting like you are starving! :) You aren't really the most gentle of nursers either. You have a tendency to thrash around a lot. Hopefully that is just a phase. You like to talk to us all the time. You are quick to let us know when you are unhappy and happy! You smile all the time now. We have discovered that you love to be outside. You can be crying and as soon as we take you out to the porch swing, you quiet right down and look around. You have this way of studying the world around you that is so sweet. Daddy calls you his little "Meerkat" because the faces you make while turning your head reminds him of meerkats. It is a sweet nickname, I think. I still call you my Kai-bear. You are a mama's boy. You love sleeping next to me although lately you will go to Daddy every once and awhile.

So three months have passed. You grow and change every day. We are looking forward to all the changes yet to come. I love you so much.

Always,

Mama

No comments: