Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I've always wanted twins!"

I have heard this countless times since having our babies. People in public love to ogle over the boys and talk about twins in general. Most of the time people are pretty nice, asking polite questions and exclaiming over their cuteness (and how could they not?!). However, there are some gems out there determined to make me look at them in horror.

Just a few of these to give you a giggle:

"Are they twins?!!" --Um, no. One is several years older, he is just really small for his age.

"Are they natural?" --What on Earth does that mean?! Are they fake? Um no.

"Two girls, right?" --Hmmm...well considering that they are both dressed in head to toe blue...

"Are they identical?" --Are you looking at them? Maybe I am the only one who can see the differences in them, but they are definitely not identical.

"Do twins run in your family?" --"Nope, just lucky" is always my reply. This one doesn't really bother me so much. I understand the curosity.

"When did they take them?" --I don't even know how to respond to this one. Who are they and where are they taking my babies? I am assuming this means when did doctors decide to do a c-section. To this one I proudly reply "They were born at home on their due date!" I love to watch the mouths drop. It's fun to fly my freak flag.

"I've always wanted twins!" --What person, in their right mind, hopes for twins? I mean really. Do they just not realize the sheer amount of work that it takes to have these babies? My body is wrecked, I haven't slept in months, my boobs are out-of-control, and neither one of them gets the attention that he deserves.

"You sure do have your hands full." Yep. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

5 comments:

Syd said...

LOL At "Fly my freak flag" oh sweetie! You are so funny & awesome!

Christina said...

"It's fun to fly my freak flag." Ha, I love it! I'm gonna use that one.

Heather said...

Honestly, hubby and I have both always wanted twins...despite the hard work, lack of sleep and wanting to make sure we paid enough attention to both, we've always thought it would be so incredibly fun and amazing to watch them grow up together.

That said, I'm just as thrilled to be having one. :)

Love your posts, sweetie!

TammyQ said...

Love the summary of comments. One of my favourite (not!) was "which one is the runt?" And yeah, if I had a $1 for every time someone told me or my husband that we had our hands full I'd be well on my way to a nice retirement in the Cayman Islands! I seriously didn't understand the "I always wished for twins" people until I had them...and yes, there are A TON of crazy work but now I do understand it (maybe only a bit!)...it is so fun to watch them grow together - just you wait!

Annette said...

Hee. This is awesome. I am just in my first trimester with twins and people keep asking me if twins run in my family. I finally started telling them no, it's just a hazard of the elderly (I', 37) having sex. ;)