Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life with twins...

...is insane.

In a totally crazy and wonderful way.

Sorry that I have been absent! We are all trying to adjust to life with our newest additions. My days are filled with diapers and feeding and diapers and feeding and even more feeding! Seriously, I spend at least 2/3 of my day nursing. Thankfully, the boys are gaining well, so I know that my milk is sustaining them. It is an amazing thing, really. Nourishing two tiny babies is really a miracle.

I am starting to come out of my post-birth haze and actually beginning to enjoy the crazy life that I am leading now. However, I won't lie, it is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I have really had to adjust my parenting style to suit their needs. They are adorable, but very high-needs at the moment. They have to be sleeping on someone. That really makes it hard. But we are surviving. My mom comes every day to help out (I would seriously go crazy without her) and we are slowly getting into a routine.

The boys are just three days away from being a month old. Time flies when you are a mother of three...

3 comments:

adelev said...

I'm glad (and surprised!) you found a moment to update. How is Nathan adjusting to being a big brother instead of an only child?

AmyB said...

I think you have a good excuse for being absent. ;) Post more pics when you can! :D

Jamie said...

Wow, a month already? So glad to hear an update but yes you have an excellent excuse for being absent!