Saturday, January 9, 2010

No babies yet...

I imagine that many were wondering if my absence meant that I had given birth. Well, rest assured, these babies are never. coming. out. I'm constantly amazed at the strength of my body. I cannot believe that I can get out of bed. Granted, any movement is met with pain from almost every part of my body, but somehow, I manage to keep going. I get up every morning and make it through the day. This is by far, the hardest thing that I have ever done. Each day feels like a week. Each week feels like a month. I'm trying to keep positive and focused on the upcoming birth, but even that is hard. I know these babies will come when they are ready, but I can't help but wonder...are they still getting what they need from me? Eating is a chore because my stomach cannot hold much of anything. I am getting around 4 hours of sleep a night. I am emotionally hanging by a little thread. How can they still be getting the nutrients that they need? And yet, they are still growing. They just aren't ready to meet us yet. But I sure hope that it is soon.

7 comments:

EssKress said...

You are so strong!! I have no idea how you are doing it...especially with another little one running around. I was definitely one of the ones wondering if the next post would be the names, birth weight and time of birth of the newest members of your family. Can't wait!!

Brooke said...

You are amazing. I honestly don't know how you've done it.

Holly Burkhardt said...

You are doing great Mandie.
Keep up the fantastic work.. They are coming soon and I can't wait to "meet" them..

LOve ya

ZwillingsMonde said...

Hi mandie! I`m julia from germany. I want to become a midwife and I am a "waterhomebirth mama" of 5. kids, twins at last. YEAH!!! I also had clomid, the date of conception was the 24th april 2008and they were born at home in my birthpool on 15th january 2009. The first (a boy) was born as a breech baby and the second (a girl, much bigger!!!) was born "normal". I really know how you are feeling now and I send all my birth power to you! YOU CAN! you said that you guess your babies wanted to be 2010 babies after all: In germany 2010 is "the year of the homebirth" ;-)
Please excuse me for my really bad english, but school`s so long ago...

kiss and big hug!!!
julia

Christina said...

You must be so miserable! Wow, you're almost 40 weeks!!!

adelev said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read "Well, rest assured, these babies are never. coming. out."

It is great that you are keeping your sense of humor! You are almost at 40 weeks and you are being so strong. I love reading you say "They just aren't ready to meet us yet." I have a co-worker who is pregnant and she told me last week about her planned, scheduled repeat cesarean. Different things work for different people I suppose, but it just makes me want to cry. Your babies are very lucky to have you for a mother. Know that I am thinking of you and hoping for you and admiring you, as I'm sure many others are as well.

Adele

Amy Paul said...

Going overdue is such a mental challenge. My last 2 were nearly 2 weeks overdue for both of them.
Firstly - trust your instincts
and Secondly - you are doing a TREMENDOUS job!
Well done, mama. Breathe deep and go "inside" - focus within and let the rest of the world carry on without you for a while. We'll cope.
Best wishes and lots of birthy vibes to you!