Monday, December 14, 2009

Trial run with birth pool...


Ahhhhhhhh....it was like a little piece of heaven. I am convinced that there is absolutely no where else on Earth that I would want to have these babies. Last night, we set up the pool for the first time to check on how long it would take to fill and to make sure we didn't have any leaks. Everything went perfectly and I was able to relax in the pool for a little while. It was so lovely. It was almost magical in here. I loved being in the warm water and looking at our Christmas tree. It kinda makes me want to have these babies while the tree is still up. :)
If anyone is wondering, that pool is La Bassine. I highly recommend it! Very affordable and comfortable! Super easy to fill and drain.

6 comments:

Christina said...

So exciting--Christmas babies maybe?! Not too long now until your goal, right?

Brooke said...

Very cool!

Jennifer Wempe said...

I was wondering... how long did the water stay warm? How long did it take to fill?

Holly Burkhardt said...

ooo this brings back so many beautiful memories.. i hope your memories are as great as mine were.

Mandie said...

Jennifer- It took about 45 minutes to fill. The water stayed warm for a couple of hours. During the birth, I imagine that we will have to add some hot water periodically if I am in it for a long time.

Woman Uncensored said...

Congrats on the upcoming miracles :-) I pray that your birth will be peaceful and uplifting!