Friday, December 4, 2009

Birthing beads





I am a member of a Due Date club at Mothering.com. This is a group of women from all over the US and Canada that are all due with babies in January 2010. We all decided to do a "bead swap". Each woman picked beads that were meaningful to them and sent them to a "bead hostess". Our sweet bead hostess then grouped the beads together and sent them back to us. The purpose of doing this was to create a necklace to wear during our birthing journeys so that we could feel the love and support of all of these special women.

The center pendant is most important to me. This was sent to me by a group of women I have known for over 4 years, but have never met. They are amazing and special women in my life. They have been there for me through our infertility, our loss of Noel, IVF, Nathan's birth, and so on. After Nathan's traumatic birth, they helped me process what happened and helped me learn and grow from it. They are so supportive and just generally the most awesome group of ladies that I have had the privilege of knowing. This center pendant is a mother holding her twin babies.

I adore the necklace. When I put it on, I feel the love radiating from it. I can see myself giving birth while wearing it and that makes my heart smile.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

SO beautiful! Love that pendant in the middle. I have my necklace still hanging on my dresser mirror, where I set it after asher's birth. It makes me so happy every time I see it!

CNH said...

It's beautiful! Gosh, I can't believe you're almost to term! You must be so relieved. I can remember exactly how I felt as I passed over to the other side of 36/37 weeks. BEAUTIFUL belly!

Mandie said...

I do feel so much relief CNH! I will feel even better in 2.5 weeks when I hit 37. That is my goal and I am just hoping that I make it there!

Thanks Amanda! :) That's awesome that you still get joy from your beads. I am just so excited to wear them!