Tuesday, December 29, 2009

38 weeks!!

Belly picture coming soon!

How I am feeling: Honestly, I never thought I would make it this far!! My whole pregnancy has been building up to making it to 37 weeks, so this is new territory for me. I am not going to sugarcoat things here (just in case there are other twin mamas out there looking for some commiseration) but my poor body is slowly giving out. With every step I take, my back and pelvis feels like it is breaking in half. The skin on my lower belly is so stretched that it has cracked open and is bleeding. My skin itches so bad every second of every day. This skin itching is, by far, the most severe form of torture that I can imagine. I wake up in the middle of the night with my hands covered in blood from itching. It is bad. Speaking of nighttime, I am only sleeping about 30-45 minutes at a time. There is no position that I can be comfortable in, so I am just exhausted. I am not really meaning to complain here, because to me, there is nothing worse than a whiny, pregnant woman. I hear women complaining all the time and it drives me crazy, so I am just sharing the cold, hard facts about twin pregnancy. I still feel very lucky to be pregnant at all. I still love these babies more than anything. And I will still carry on with this pregnancy so that they get every day they possibly can inside the womb.

5 comments:

Dad O' Three said...

I love your blog and have been reading it for a while. I had twins four and a half months ago and I remember these feelings vividly. I was certain I would have my babies at 37 weeks. At 38 weeks I was DONE. I was not sleeping; my belly was also bleeding from being overstretched. I was mentally and physically exhausted and did not think I could make it another second, let alone another day. But guess what?! I did make it and so can you:) I made it to 39 and half weeks and had big, juicy, deliciously healthy babies and every second of those rough last few weeks was worth it. Hang in there, you are doing great. And thanks for your wonderful blog.

adelev said...

Congratulations on making (and passing) your goal! I have not checked your blog for several days and I was half expecting an announcement of the births. Or perhaps a suspiciously long gap in posts. ;-) You are so close and you have done so well. Hang in there! I will be thinking of you.

Adele

Christina said...

Congrats on making it 38 weeks! I've never had a twin pregnancy, so I can only imagine. You seem to be handling quite well! It won't be long and you'll be holding two sweet little babies (along with your sweet little boy!).

CNH said...

Oh Mandie, I wish there was something I could say to make it better. Honestly, anything I say you're just going to roll your eyes! LOL! It really *is* worth it in the end to carry them all the way to term but I won't lie--it was literally the hardest thing I ever did in my life. I thanked God afterward that I was with a home birth midwife because I tell ya that induction sounded pretty good when I came up on 38 weeks. I went to 38 and 5 and it was wonderful and horrible all at the same time. Getting to tell people you had 7 pound babies who were born at term is freaking awesome. I've made some eyeballs roll. ;) Hang in there. I'm thinking aboutcha!

April said...

I just wanted to say a HUGE CONGRATS Mandie! Good job to you and those lil boys for hanging in there, making it to 38wks and passing your goal! Its so great! I envy you and your body sweetie, hope you know what I mean by that! Hugs to you and I wish you the best in your birth........its going to be a wonderful experiance! What a way to welcome the New Year :)