Tuesday, December 15, 2009

36 weeks!

Belly picture to come this afternoon!

How I am feeling: Pretty good considering I am carrying over 12lbs of baby. I mean, sure, my list of complaints is growing by the day, but it is all worth it. Everyone who asks me when I am due gets a look of shock on their faces until I tell them that we are having twins. My belly is really, really big. :) I am carrying the babies very low now because Baby A is firmly engaged in my pelvis. That is actually a very comforting thought though. With his head being so low, it is very unlikely that he will turn into a breech position at this point. So, I am very lucky in that aspect. In talking with other twin moms (who mostly see OBs) many of them are getting so much pressure from their care providers about the babies' positions. It is so nice to have a midwife who gives me no pressure whatsoever. My appointments are very relaxed and I make all the decisions regarding my care. It really is a wonderful thing. A friend of mine is 38 weeks with twins now and her OB is demanding a c-section because "He doesn't want the babies to get too big." How sad is that? I'm very grateful for my midwife! In other news, I am now just one week away from my goal!!!! I am so excited to make it this far. Every day that these little guys are inside is one more day closer to full-term, big, fat, healthy babies! In the beginning of this pregnancy, I had a lot of naysayers. They would make comments like "Twins always come early" or "You'll never go to full-term". It will feel nice to prove them wrong! And even if the babies come this week, 36 weeks is still amazing and I know that they will be just fine.

I talk to the babies all the time. Telling them to stay in until next week. So hopefully, they listen to their mother. :) Hypnobabies is going well. I really love the relaxation it provides me. I am excited to use it for the birth. That's right folks, I am really, very excited to give birth!! I will say that at this stage in my pregnancy with Nathan, I was scared. Not this time! It is amazing to have a care provider that actually cares about the outcome of my birth. I had a wonderful dream last night. They babies were born at home with no problems. It was amazingly real. So, all in all, I am doing very well. Surprisingly good actually. Just taking it day by day. Next week, at 37 weeks, I will be celebrating like you wouldn't believe! To make it to that goal will feel amazing!

What the babies are up to: Growing and adding fat! They are fully formed and just waiting for their births.

4 comments:

Lani said...

Great job on making it this far! I'm hoping and praying you make it to next week!:)

Brooke said...

You are awesome carrying two babies so far. And you're very positive- it's wonderful! :)

Erin said...

I could have written this myself (except for the twins part). Having a midwife and planning a homebirth is so amazing and exciting.

I never doubted for a second that you'd make it this far.

Sheridan said...

So excited for you!
Here is this link if you haven't seen it yet!
http://hypnobabies.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/expecting-twins/