Thursday, November 12, 2009

Letter to my 2 and a half year old boy!

Dear Nathan,

It is so hard to believe that you are 2 and a half. Time has just gone by so quickly. You look so big now. When I look at your baby pictures, I have to struggle to remember what it was like for you to be that small.

You are doing so well. You have this potty learning thing down pat! You are still wearing cloth diapers though. We can't seem to get you to like wearing underwear. We are going to try again soon. But you go all day in the same cloth diaper so it is kind of like wearing underwear. You tell us when you have to go potty, although sometimes we have to remind you. You are still wet at night sometimes, but I can understand that. :)

Your speech is improving daily. We are working on colors and the differences between big and little right now. It is hard to see the changes daily, but over time we can definitely tell that you are expanding on your vocabulary. We meet with speech therapists two times a week. You really like both of them. You look forward to their visits. Their names are Julie and Rya.

We are working with you on understanding how to be gentle with other people/ pets. It is so hard for you to control your big body! You are such a rough and tumble kid, it is hard for you to understand that some people aren't as strong. Your cousin Will being one of those people. We are really trying to work with you though.

Mama's belly is getting very big! The babies are coming soon! You really don't have any concept yet. Although you do point to Mama's belly when I say "Where are the babies?". I am so nervous about how you will react. And a small part of me is mourning the loss of Mama and Nathan time. It has been you and me together for so long. I just hope that you know how much I will always love you. I know these next few months will be difficult for you, but I promise, you will love having brothers to play with someday. And you are such a big helper to me right now. When I drop something, you always pick it up for me so that I don't have to bend over. It makes my heart smile.

Let's see, what new things are you doing these days? You play all the time. You love running around the yard with the dog. You love waiting for Daddy to come home at the end of the day. You stare out the window and yell "Daddy" when he pulls up. You still love watching Spongebob, although you are starting to like Dora the Explorer too. I try not to let you watch too much TV each day, but it is getting so hard for me to move around and play with you. That makes me sad. Thankfully, you have been spending lots of time with Daddy and Grandma! You are also getting better about walking with us and holding our hands. This makes it nice because Mama has a hard time carrying you. Your tantrums are slowly improving, but sometimes it is hard to control your frustration. I understand that feeling though. In other news, we are getting ready to try you sleeping in your own bed. This is a big transition for all of us. I imagine that I will be the one who sheds the most tears about it. I just love waking up to you in the morning. There is nothing better than when you snuggle up next to me and say "Mama".

I am just so lucky to have you in my life. You make me a better person. You will always be special to me and I will always love you, no matter what.

Mama

1 comment:

adelev said...

I love reading all your letters to Nathan, but this one is especially sweet and touching. I particularly like how Nathan picks things up so you don't have to bend over. You are both very lucky to have each other and such a wonderful relationship.