Tuesday, November 17, 2009

32 weeks!!

My goodness....I am 8 months pregnant now!!!! Time is just flying by so quickly! I will get another belly picture tonight. :)



How I am feeling: Great! I haven't had any more real contractions since that night. I am feeling much more positive that I will carry these babies to term. I had a midwife appointment yesterday and she is very pleased with how well I am doing. I have gained 25lbs so far which is right on track for twins. She is happy with the babies' positions and their size at this point. My blood pressure is still perfect and I am not having any swelling! I am so, so lucky that my pregnancy has been going this well. Mentally, I am doing so well. One of the best choices I made was to go to therapy during this pregnancy. I have learned so much about myself and I feel like it has made me a better person. I am looking forward to the boys' arrival so much now! I absolutely can't wait (well I can...) for them to get here! And speaking of which, my midwife is so pleased with how things are going, she said that as long as I make it to 36 weeks, we are still a go for our homebirth! YAY! Granted, we are hoping they stay in as long as possible. But it does take a weight off to have that week cushion. I am still imagining them coming after 38 weeks around the 30th of December. Even still, it is so hard to imagine that in as little as 4 weeks, we could be meeting our boys! So excited! Not to mention that this is my absolute favorite time of year. I love Thanksgiving and all the Christmas preparations. It just makes me happy inside. I can't wait to watch Christmas movies with Brandon and Nathan. I can't wait to see Nathan's excited face as he sees the tree. What a beautiful time of year to be pregnant!



What the babies are up to: Per the ultrasound, we know that they are a little over 4lbs each! They are quickly growing now and filling out nicely. These last few weeks will be spend packing on the pounds and getting ready for their births! The downy layer of lanugo will begin to fall off this week. Their movements are slowing down because they are quickly running out of space!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow!! 32 weeks already!? How exciting!
Is there anything else you need? I have a tiny newborn mesh bath seat that was never used. Also Asher is almost grown out of his bouncy seat - could you use one of those? Trying to think what else I still have left... haha. Have you purchased small diapers yet or just NB? Asher will likely outgrow his small Fuzzi Bunz in the next month or so I think, so I will let you know then & see if you need some.

Mandie said...

Thanks so much Amanda! I have two bouncy seats so I should be good there. I just generally take a bath with the baby, so I don't think I will need the bath thing. Although I am not sure how that will work with two squirmy newborns and a toddler! So maybe I do need one of those.

I have all the newborn diapers and a few smalls. Mostly, I am hoping that I can go straight from newborn to one-size (because I have lots of those).

Let me know though on those small fuzzi bunz! I would be willing to buy them off you. :)

Andrea said...

I am so excited that it is getting close!! I just KNOW you are going to have the most beautiful, wonderful homebirth. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for you. You sound so happy!

Erin said...

I know you're going to have a wonderful birth! I can't wait to hear all about it!