Monday, October 5, 2009

Had an ultrasound....

I had a prenatal appointment last Wednesday and we talked about all the Braxton Hicks (BH) I have been having. I told her that most of them I was feeling down low and some were quite painful. I didn't really know what was normal in a twin pregnancy, so I just wasn't sure. I am measuring 34 weeks now, so I was a little concerned about all the BH.

Anyway, my midwife wanted me to get an ultrasound to check the cervical length and to make sure that it wasn't funneling or anything. I had the appointment set for this Thursday, but my midwife wasn't pleased that I had to wait that long, so we called and they got me in last Friday.

The babies are doing very well in there so far. Nice big pockets of fluid, etc. Baby A is head down and Baby B is kinda lying across my belly and curved around to have his head near his brother. Each baby weighs about 2lbs now! They are both measuring a week ahead for my dates (which we know are accurate, so they will be be big boys).

My cervix is just fine too! Still very long at 4cm with no signs of dilating at all. YAY! I am so relieved. I am going to have another ultrasound to monitor the cervix for any changes in about 4 weeks or so. But so far, she said that I am carrying the twins like a champ.

I will post some pictures later on. I have a really cute one where it looks like Baby A is kissing baby B on the forehead. *sigh* They are so beautiful in there.

P.S. My ticker has moved to the double digits!!!! Less than 100 days to go!!

4 comments:

VillemezBrown said...

I am so glad all the news is great! I can't wait to see pictures.

VillemezBrown said...

I should have signed the last comment - Adele!

The OpenID I usually use did not work for some reason. Are you no longer allowing OpenID comments?

Adele

Andrea said...

Yay! How fun to get to see them! I'm happy they are growing big and strong and you are doing well. I have a feeling you are going to have 7 pounders!! :)

Mandie said...

Adele- That is odd. I will double check. Thank you!!