Monday, September 28, 2009

Starting hypnobabies today!

So thanks to a friend, I was able to borrow the Hypnobabies CDs! This was very helpful to us because we just did not have the money in the budget to purchase them. My friend did not have the workbook, so I was able to call the Hypnobabies company and ask to purchase just the book. The customer service at Hypnobabies is excellent! They allowed me to purchase the workbook and even threw in a special CD just for twin moms for free!

So today begins my Hypnobabies journey! I'm really excited! Having just read the introduction portion, I can tell you that everything makes sense to me.

The introduction focuses on the fact that our society tells women that childbirth needs to be traumatizing and painful. Many women go through their labors and births without ever knowing that it can be the most beautiful experience of their lives. In Hypnobabies, they focus on breaking down those thoughts of pain and trauma related to childbirth and embracing the mind's ability to control the body's sensations. Truly, it is all very fascinating.

So I am learning all about how to trust in my body and how to relax in such a way that I am open to the beauty and spirit of amazing births. I am using births as plural because there are in fact two seperate babies in there! I choose to focus on the positive.

If you are unsure of what Hypnobabies is, you can click here. I will probably be talking a lot about Hypnobabies on here as I go through the self-study course and work towards beautiful births!

4 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Good Luck! I hope it works for you!

Sheridan said...

Yay! I love Hypnobabies and I love to see moms using it and talking about it, so other moms know it is an option!

Andrea said...

I need this with Lucy and I think it helps tremendously! You are just going to have the best birth!

Erin said...

I can't wait to try it again next time. I wasn't able to totally dedicate myself to it, but it did help me relax and I had a great birth!