Tuesday, September 22, 2009

24 weeks




I am considered 6 months pregnant today! So exciting!

How I am feeling: Pretty good right now. I am trying to work with my limitations and not do as much during the day. This seems to help with the shortness of breath that I have been having. I feel a little guilty about it because a lot of the household chores just aren't getting done during the day anymore, but I am doing what I can. I just have to make rest and relaxation a priority right now. The babies are still kicking up a storm in there. I can't imagine what it will feel like when they are bigger! I am having lots of braxton hicks contractions now and they are a bit annoying. I have a midwife appointment next week so I will talk to her about those then. I am wondering if I should have another ultrasound to make sure that my cervix is still nice and thick. I will ask her and she what she says.

What the babies are up to: The babies are regularly sleeping and waking. I can tell when they are sleeping and when they are awake. They sleep most often when I am up and moving around. They wake up the minute I lie down the rest. Real hair is beginning to grow on their heads. By now each may be slightly longer than 8 inches from crown to rump and weigh more than 1 1/3 pounds (630 grams). With intensive medical care, some babies born this week may be able to survive.