Tuesday, September 15, 2009

23 weeks

A little late getting this up here, but 23 weeks now!

How I am feeling: Pretty good right now. It is nice to maintain an even level of hormones. Brandon is finally able to feel the babies moving now, so it is nice that he can connect with them. My belly feels ginormous. It is hard to imagine that I am just over halfway now. I am going to need a crane to move me around soon! The saddest part of having a huge belly already is not being able to hold Nathan close. :( My lap is growing smaller and smaller and Nathan gets frustrated trying to find a place. I also can't give Brandon a big hug! :( Other than that, there is nothing really new this week.

What the babies are up to: Twenty-three weeks into pregnancy, or 21 weeks after conception, the babies' skin is wrinkled, more translucent than before and pink to red in color.
This week the babies begin to have rapid eye movements. Each babies' tongue will soon develop taste buds. Fingerprints and footprints are forming. For boys, the testes are beginning to descend from the abdomen.

No comments: