Tuesday, September 8, 2009

22 weeks

22 weeks today! My belly is growing by the day.

How I am feeling: I love the second trimester! I think my hormones are more balanced now and I am feeling so much better. I am getting excited about the babies coming which is saying a lot considering how I was feeling just a couple of months ago. It really helps to know that we are expecting boys. I feel that I can relate to them now. And Brandon and I have picked out their names (not telling until birth day!) and it makes all the difference to call them by name. I adore the names we have chosen. They are just perfect. So the thought of having two more babies brings a smile to my face now. I won't lie and say that I still don't have moments of worry, but that is my nature and I am ok with that. I still go to therapy once a week to work out my past issues with birth and so that I can get into a better frame of mind for the upcoming labor. I am putting a lot of my focus on making sure that these babies stay in for as long as possible. I have had talks with my two boys and we all agreed that they would wait until 37 weeks to come out. :) I told them to be around 7lbs each and to come out crying for their mama. I have also instructed them to be good little nursers right away. :) Hey, a mama can dream, right?!

What the babies are up to: Kicking, kicking, kicking! They are very active in there right now. It is much more noticeable at night when I lie down for sleep. But I am feeling them more often throughout the day too. In fact, one of them is moving around as I type this! The babies are now covered in lanugo (a fine, downy hair) to protect their skin. Their hair may also be visible! Each weighs in at about 1 pound each.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad you're feeling better. :) I can't wait to hear what names you've picked!

adelev said...

You look like you are doing great! I'm so happy for you!