Tuesday, August 11, 2009

18 weeks


18 weeks today! Almost halfway there!

How I am feeling: 100 times better than I was last week. I truly think that chiropractors are gifts from the Gods. I felt instant relief after seeing her and continue to sleep better. It has been a pretty depressing week, on the other hand though. My birthday was on Saturday and it made me realize how few people I have in my life. Sad and pathetic, right? Considering that I don't have a real relationship with half of my family and the other half is made up of forgetful brothers, I didn't get too many phone calls. I am also realizing that I just don't have many good friends in my life. Gosh, just typing that out sounds so pathetic. I have found that since college, I have a really hard time making friends. Being a stay-at-home mom makes it hard to meet people. I don't know, it just really made me sad. I am going to end here, because I could go on for days about this.

What the babies are up to: Eighteen weeks into pregnancy, or 16 weeks after conception, the babies' ears begin to stand out on the sides of their heads. As the nerve endings from each babies' brain "hook up" to the ears, he or she may hear my heart beating, my stomach rumbling or blood moving through the umbilical cord. They may even be startled by loud noises.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Mandie, happy BELATED birthday! I feel the same way about birthdays.... in fact I hate my birthday, for the same reasons you mentioned.

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I keep hearing wonderful experiences people had with the chiropractor, I've never been to one but I just might try next time something is bothering me.

And WOW 18 weeks already?! It's flying by!

Andrea said...

((((Hugs)))) I feel exactly the same about friends. I had a ton in college, but since then it has been difficult. Stay at home definitely makes it more difficult. I wish I knew how to make it better, but I don't. I just hope time and the kids getting older will help.

Yay for the chiropractor!! I'm thrilled to hear you are feeling better. I am getting very excited to find out the sex! :)

adelev said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Adele

Carolyn said...

MANDIE!!! It's been a few weeks since I've been on the blog and wanted to get updates on how you've been doing and had to comment. I definitely know how you feel when it comes to the friend thing....it's so hard for me around here too! It's alot harder to meet good friends when you're not surrounded all the time with people your own age!! But I love, love, love you and wish I could see you more often! Don't forget - I'm always here if you need me and so are the rest of the girls.

And congrats - you're having 2 more boys!! That's so exciting. Two more Parker hotties coming into the world! Love you! XOXO