Tuesday, July 28, 2009

16 weeks

Wow, I am considered 4 months pregnant now! It really seems like these weeks have just flown by.

How I am feeling: Overall, not so good. This has been a really stressful week for me. My car was hit and totaled and we have been really trying to find a replacement. That process has just been exhausting because of all the running around. Because of this stress, I have not been sleeping well (or eating well for that matter). It has just been a really rough week all around. I really can't wait to get this car situation figured out and move on. Physically, I have been feeling ok. I have had a stress headache for 5 days running and it just isn't getting any better. Thankfully, I have been seeing my therapist very regularly. We are working on ways that I can better manage the OCD and anxiety, so that is helpful. Eventually, we will work on preparing for the birthing experience, so all this stress is good practice for that I suppose. In baby related news, I am still not feeling regular movement, so I am wondering if I have two anterior placentas. I am hoping to find all that out at our ultrasound. We are planning on scheduling that on our anniversary (August 20th) so I have a little less than 3 weeks for that!

What the babies are up to: Each baby weighs about 3 ounces and is about 4 and 1/2 inches long. There is almost a cup of amniotic fluid surrounding each baby, so I am growing by the day. The eyes are finally facing forward and the ears are close to their final position. The babies can also make sucking motions with their mouths! Getting good practice for nursing!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww sorry to hear about the car. Who knew big hunks of metals could drive us SO crazy.

I wouldn't worry so much about the movement. I started feeling movement early with my daughter (14 weeks) and my husband felt for the first time at 16 weeks. However the doc said that you don't get regular movement until after 20 -in fact most women don't even feel movement until after 20 weeks. So if you are feeling some you are head of the game.

Can't wait to see ultrasound pics!

adelev said...

Oh my goodness! I hope noone was hurt when your car was hit. One more thing you certainly did not need to deal with right now!

Just like Jessica, I was going to say you don't need to worry about movement until 20 weeks.

Hope you feel better next week!