Tuesday, July 14, 2009

14 Weeks

I am now in my second trimester!!! YAY!

How I am feeling: I am doing ok. Like I said last week, I have good days and bad days. I really like visiting my therapist and always feel better after leaving there. I have also started to buy things for the babies. Mostly just starting our diaper stash, but every little bit makes me feel better. I can't wait to have to whole stash ready to go for them! I am waiting to get the majority after I find out the genders of the babies. I had a prenatal visit this week. Everything went well. The babies are doing great. One heartrate was in the 130s and one was in the 160s. I am measuring 21 weeks which is right on track for twins. My nausea is pretty much gone, but that has been replaced with hunger. I can only eat really small meals so I feel hungry 2 hours later. I am eating all the time! I get worn out very quickly too. This heat is starting to get to me and I find that I can't be outside for very long.

What the babies are up to: The effect of hormones becomes apparent this week. For boys, the prostate gland is developing. For girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen into the pelvis.
Meconium is made in the babies' intestinal tract. By the end of the week, the roof of each babies' mouth will be completely formed.

No comments: